Stennis Business Consortium
The Stennis Business Consortium (SBC) consists of the Mississippi Enterprise for Technology (MSET), the Louisiana Technology Transfer Office (LTTO), Stennis federal agency procurement specialists, and procurement specialists from prime contractors located at Stennis, whose mission is to provide a mechanism for federal and state agencies, local institutions, and businesses to exchange information on:
- Small business goals
- Needed and emerging technologies
- Upcoming procurement requirements and opportunities
- Issues dealing with existing procurement regulations.
The goals are accomplished through regular meetings where specific information is exchanged based on funding cycles, forecasts of small business needs, as well as inquiries from small businesses.
MSET – The Mississippi Enterprise for Technology (MSET) is located at the John C. Stennis Space Center, one of the nation’s largest federal cities. MSET, a non-profit organization, is a joint effort of the State of Mississippi, NASA and Mississippi’s institutions of higher learning. Using the scientific and technical resources of NASA and other resident agencies at Stennis, MSET promotes growth in existing industry, stimulates new business, and attracts high-tech companies to the region by providing resident companies crucial business and technology-related services, opportunities for partnerships and collaboration, entrepreneur training and access to state and federal technology portfolios.
LTTO – The Louisiana Technology Transfer Office (LTTO), established in 1990 is operated by the Louisiana Business & Technology Center (LBTC), a department of the E.J. Ourso College of Business Administration, and is located on the campus of LSU. The LTTO is one of three components of the LBTC, the other two being the Business Incubator and the LSBDC Technology Center at LSU. The LBTC operates the LTTO through funding provided by grants and contracts from Louisiana Economic Development, the Louisiana Board of Regents, NASA and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
SBC Meeting Minutes
- March 30, 2011 – Click here for the quarterly meeting minutes.
- June 21, 2011 – Click here for the quarterly meeting minutes.
- May 22, 2012 – Click here for the meeting presentations.
- May 21, 2013 –Click here for the meeting presentations.
- August 27, 2013- Click here for meeting presentations
- February 18, 2014 – Click here for meeting presentations
- September 9, 2014 – Click here for meeting presentations
- November 18, 2014 – Click here for meeting presentations
- March 31, 2015 – Click here for meeting presentations
- February 2, 2016 – Click here for meeting presentations